8.21.2005

Pressure Drop

We went to the North Side around 5:00 pm but the winds were unexpectedly light. Around 6:30 it ODed and the winds switched south. At the South Side the winds were 18 -22 mph with a line of Cu-Nim sitting behind the Wasatch Mountains. I checked the barometer and it was falling fast. Since the conditions were already strong and primed to get stronger I flew my 1.5 meter kite instead of my paraglider. It turned out to be plenty strong for a ripping kite session.

Several pilots flew in the freshening breeze, but before long they all were forced out of the sky by the winds. Dale Covington, one of the top US comp pilots flew the Boomerang 3 I just sold him. Here's a picture Kat took of Dale on the B3.

The word on the Bush-induced airspace restriction is that we hafta be out of the sky by 10:15 am and that we can't go back up until after 2:00 pm, so the effect on our flying will be minimal.

No comments: