I was the first one into the air this morning and I had the entire ridge to myself for 15 or 20 minutes; an extremely rare treat at the South Side these days. The air was great and pretty uncrowded for about an hour and then it lulled, and I landed on top and kited until it picked back up. I took some more flights but by then the air was choked with beginners and tandem flights. The crowds don't bug me. I think it's fantastic to see so many new pilots training in the perfect conditions at the Point. I fly alone way too much anyway. Here's a picture Kat took of me cruising the ridge just after sunrise.Tom Webster (one of the best instructors at the Point and a reliable source if there ever was one) told me that we wouldn't be allowed to fly tomorrow because Preident Bush was coming to town and the airspace within 30 miles of Salt Lake International would be restricted all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment