8.26.2005

Last South Session/Wings


I spent Wednesday morning practicing my humility. It was a bit strong on top of the the South Side, so I went to the bottom to work on kiting up the hill and soaring up from down low. I got a lot of practice at both techniques, but I also spent a lot of time hiking and picking my wing out of the weeds. I love learning new stuff, so I had a great time. Chris Santa helped me out by teaching me a kiting "trick" that I hadn't used before. Great stuff.
I flew the medium size Gin Zulu today. It's a bit large for me but it flew great. The Zulu really handles nicely, I can't wait to try the small size. I've been flying an Airwave Sport (I had the Sport 1 and now I'm on my second Sport 2) for the last couple of seasons and it's been a great wing, but I'm ready to move on to something new and different. I've tested the Airwave Mustang and the Gin Zoom, both DHV 2 wings, and liked them both. I wanna get a few hours on the small Zulu before I decide which wing to get.

No comments: