

I spent last weekend at my new "home" DZ, Skydive New Mexico. It's a club run operation with a couple of Cessna 182s that hold 4 jumpers each - quite a change from the Twin Otters and CASAs I was jumping at SDC. I made 3 jumps bringing my total jump number to 39 and my total freefall time to just over half an hour. All 3 jumps were great. Hanging off the Cessna's wing strut and then just letting go and looking up at the airplane is a really fun way to exit. Everyone was super nice and made me feel very welcome to the club. Rich Deadwood, one of my paragliding buddies and the Tandem Master at SDNM lent me his brand new rig to jump while I wait to figure out what gear I want to buy - thanks Rich! I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun at Skydive New Mexico.
My camera broke so I didn't get any photos while I was at SDNM, so here's 2 more from SDC: a shot of the no-frills interior of the Otter and one of the DC-3 named Lady Luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment