


It was a busy weekend. I worked Friday and Saturday nights till late and got up way early Saturday and Sunday mornings in order to fly before the daily round of summer thunderstorms got cranked up.
Saturday morning Kat, Chloe and I drove over to Double Eagle 2 airport for a trike ride with pilot Mel Glantz. Both Chloe and Kat got long flights with Mel in the smooth morning air. The sunrise and clouds were beautiful and the girls got a front row seat for the show. Chloe even got to take the controls for quite a while. I was sorta thinking about jumping out of the trike, but it turned out I didn't have my flight plan totally figured out, so I decided to wait for another day.
I spent most of Sunday with my new friends at the DZ. The clouds were too low at first, but they eventually rose up above the local mountains and we were able to start jumping. My main goal was to improve my dismal packing skills, so I spent more time wrestling nylon than skydiving, but I still got 2 jumps in before the sky OD'd. To my surprize and delight, my packjobs opened soft and on heading! On the first jump the sky was filled with high, middle, and low clouds and I took full advantage of the situation.
2 comments:
Why did u put a picture of me on there...i dont like it. jk!hehehehe
How could you not like that picture? You look so happy.
Post a Comment