Check out the side by side seating in this RAF trainer. The original manuals are still in the cockpit!
A soaring enthusiast could spend an entire day poking around the SWSM in utter amazement. I was often overwhelmed with a sense of history as I walked from plane to plane. All of us puny paragliding punks stand on the shoulders of the giants that flew these planes. The museum has another huge hangar at the Moriarty sailport to house their flyable planes, but that's a whole 'nother story.
The SWSM is having their grand opening this Saturday, April 1. There's going to be food, and a 16 piece band among other entertainments.


1 comment:
I think I have Tracy talked into coming out to see the sights. She loved the Smithsonin air and space storage facility (not as much as I did, but she had fun). This looks like some cool stuff. What are the hours of the exhibit?
Post a Comment