
Above: Brett P and his loyal hound take a break from soaring the South Point last summer. Brett and his lovely wife Shawna live in a big house right on the launch at the North Point and they both get a ridiculous amount of airtime. Photo by Kat.
OK, back to the business of reviewing free flight videos. I guess that this 6 DVD set really isn't a video per se, but it's on disc and it's entertaining as hell. I'm talking about Mark G. Forbes labor of love: the complete collection of USHGA magazines from 1971 through 2004. The collection contains high quality scans of every freaking page of every issue of all the hang and para mags. It's overwhelming how much info and entertainment is packed into this set of DVDs. Everything from the earliest issues of "Low and Slow" and "Ground Slammer" through Larry Tudor's dominance of the golden years of hang gliding up to the beginnings of the present day bickering about the USHGA's name - it's all here. So far, I've only had time to read the oldest stuff, but I've already gotten my money's worth. At around $30 for USHGA members this set of DVDs is a fantastic deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment