12.26.2005

Boxing Day at Blue Springs

I've never seen so many gliders at Blue Springs at one time. At one point there must have been 10 gliders working the smalll ridge together. I saw some old friends but also some very welcome new faces. The new guys were all flying great. I had to leave early but I still got 2 flights and almost an hour of airtime. When I left there were at least 5 gliders in the air, most of which had already been up an hour. I'm sure there will be more detailed gloats posted at the club bulletin board: http://flysandia.org/ .
Kat practicing launches at the West Hill on Christmas Day.

The highlight of today's session was Kat's first flight at Blue Springs. She had a perfect light wind sledder first thing in the morning. The winds were a little cross from the south but she handled the less than ideal conditions beautifully.

No comments: