I drove a little over 800 miles yesterday. Usually the trip to Salt Lake takes 10 hours, but I extended the journey twice. The first detour was to Telluride, Colorado to have a cup of coffee with Michael Jardine, my best friend from high school. The last time I saw him was in Tokyo about 21 years ago. We didn't have a lot of time to hang out, but it was great fun to see him again. Here's a photo of me and Michael enjoying an overpriced cafe latte at Telluride's Mountain Village.My next detour was unintentional - I got a little lost on a road I've traveled countless times over the last several decades. All of a sudden things stopped looking familiar and the next thing I knew I was driving through almost 70 miles of spectacular canyon country. I was enjoying the new scenery so much I decided to just go with my mistake and see where I wound up. A couple of hours later and I arrived in Grand Junction, Colorado. From there it was easy to get back on track and I arrived in Shit Lake Salty just after sunset and in time for a nice Italian meal with my friends Jeffrey and Kassie.
I'm back in Utah for a few days to take delivery of my new paraglider, a Gin Gliders Zulu and to get familiar with it in the easy air at the Point.
No comments:
Post a Comment