8.09.2005

South Side/Super Fly


I flew the south side of the Point this morning, but I was so excited about getting in the air I forgot to take my camera, so no pictures. It was a typically soarable south side morning with lots of student traffic. It was crowded enough that it might have been a little hectic trying to avoid a mid-air collision while taking pictures anyway. Despite the crowd it was good to see so many new pilots in the air.

I got to the hill so early it wasn't soarable yet (hell, the sun wasn't even up yet!) , so I flew down and hiked back up with my gear just for some exercise. By the time I got back to the take off the winds had picked up nicely, so I flew and practiced ground handling for the rest of the morning. By 10:00 am I was beat.

After flying I dropped in at the Super Fly shop to visit with Jeffrey Farrell, who runs the place. Here's a photo of him hard at work. Super Fly is the biggest distributor of paragliding gear in North America, and their shop is like a toy store for pilots.

Later in the afternoon the cumulus clouds overdeveloped, so no flying.

No comments: