8.13.2005

South Side/Intermountain League


Another sweet morning session at the South Side. Nice air and lots of traffic. I pulled the camera out of it's holster a few times, but it was always too crowded for a chicken like me to let go of the controls to take pictures, so here's another shot from the ground.

The Intermountain League is holding an x-c contest here this weekend. They had to cancel their morning flight due to weather so a few of the comp pilots came out to the South Side. It was sorta funny to see the lads out in their racing gear at a place like the South Side, where 95% of the pilots are beginners flying trainer wings. The League is a series of informal competitions held throughout the western US every summer. It's a great idea that helps grow competition flying at the local and regional level. Tomorrow is the last day of their three day event and I'm going to spectate and maybe wind dummy if I'm not in the way.

Looks good for the North Side tonight.

No comments: