
It turned out to be a better day for hang gliding than paragliding. The hangies got the best of it early, while it was still strong. By the time the wind died off enough to allow paragliding it had gone very cross from the east which makes the bench much tougher to soar. A few folks got up on the main ridge but most of us just scratched the bench. There were a lot of people landing at the bottom when the sink cycles rolled through. I hung out polishing the ridge till the bitter end and missed my chance to top land, so I got to hike back up to the top of the bench with my gear. I didn't take any pictures so I'll post an old one that shows what flying in New Mexico looks like. That's Paul Briggs flying his Vulcan at Blue Springs.
Tomorrow I'll start at the South Side at dawn and call League HQ later in the morning to see where they decide to fly. The forecast I heard is for light easterlies, which means West Mountain might be on.
No comments:
Post a Comment