I bought this parachute last August and I've put about 60 jumps on it. It's in perfect condition and flies great, but I've got too many parachutes and the Spectre has got to go. In the second picture you can see the rubber band attachment point I added to the slider. It makes it easier to stow the slider, but if you don't like the mod, just remove the rubber band and it's back to stock.
It's a custom, all red PD Spectre 150, DOM August, 2007, 60 jumps, no rips, tears, or repairs, always packed indoors, never crashed. Somebody make me an offer!
1 comment:
The mighty Spectre 150 is SOLD. I really liked flying and landing the Spectre 150, but it never gave me consistent openings. Often it would snivel for 500 feet or so, and then the slider would come down all at once, sometimes so hard that it would be driven down my risers all the way to the top of the stowed brakes. The resulting shocks on my much abused, middle aged body took a lot of the fun out of jumping. Other times it would open sweet - with an 800 foot snivel followed by a leisurely descent of the slider, all the while staying perfectly on heading. Dunno, maybe it was my sloppy packing and poor body position on deployment. The openings on my Pilot 150 are rarely off heading (almost always due to body position when they are), but never ever hard or fast.
Post a Comment