
Last weekend I made 6 solo tracking dives at Skydive New Mexico, which brings my total number of skydives up to 200. It was a fun weekend with lots of student activity. As usual there weren't many sport jumpers, but there were plenty of slots to fill on tandem and AFF loads.
On Sunday I saw something I hadn't seen yet in my short skydiving career; a student that wouldn't jump. It was a young guy on his first static line jump and he was last out. When it was his turn to go, he simply refused to exit, so he and the Instructor rode the plane down. When he was back on the ground he said "today wasn't my day to jump". He came out to the DZ with his girlfriend and some of his other buddies, and he took a LOT of shit from all of them, because he was the only one in the group that didn't jump. I thought that he made a good decision - if you don't wanna jump - then don't jump!
Last week Joni sent me a set of 7 CD's of pictures James and Heather took at the bridge. I'm still checking them all out; here are two launch photos, I'll post a few more later this week.

No comments:
Post a Comment