1.30.2007

Winter Skydiving


Here's a look at the freezing fog that cancelled our hot air balloon jumps last weekend. The entire Wicker Clan ballooning club showed up and brought 14 balloons with them to accomodate the 24 jumpers that had signed up to take the zero airspeed leap. We hung out till it was too late in the day for balloon flight and then almost everyone left. Of course it cleared up about an hour later and we were able to jump the 182 all afternoon.
Jumps have been hard to come by for the last 5 weeks or so. It always seems like the bad weather comes in on the weekends. Even when the weather's been good there have been very few jumpers coming out to the DZ. Two weekends ago C.J. and I bought 2 slots each just so we could do a hop and pop!
Speaking of hop and pops; I've been doing a lot of them. It's simply been too cold to go all the way to 15,500' MSL for a longer freefall. The good thing about all the low jumps is that I'm dailing in my canopy control and accuracy landings. I can't wait for my winter jumpsuit to arrive so that I can get back into some body flying.

No comments: