Above: Brazizzle shows how to represent the wind direction at the Jovan. Check out the glider in the background - nice form.Los hermanos volante, our drivers Enrique and Danni. Either one of these guys could fly circles around me. They both speak and understand a lot more English than they let on.
Above (as always): "El Jefe" Farrell launching at Malinalco.
El Guapo: Paco Carr.Paco has made a lot, a lot of skydives and more than a few BASE jumps. He's probably got about 153 paraglider flights as of right now. On one flight last week, after a particularly rough descent through convective and shear turbulence to the "Soccer Field" LZ, I happened to land next to Paco. His comment on the turbs was: " If I'd had my BASE rig, I would have jumped out."
Above: Chris Santacroce is a "Contrary". He says "Hello" when he leaves and then hooks in backwards. To refresh himself at high altitude he smokes one cigarette per year. In this photo I caught him rifling through Paco's gear looking for a caffeinated beverage.
No comments:
Post a Comment