11.15.2005

T-Hill/Genie 3

That's Timber, our hound, on top of the T-Hill. She really loves coming out to the hill and chasing rabbits and gliders.







Chloe and I took the dog to the Training Hill this evening. We just wanted to get out of the house and have a short hike while the dog ran around and let off a little steam. Of course I brought my flying gear since I wanted a quick flight on a new Genie 3 harness to check the adjustments I'd made in the simulator. The wind was light, gusting to 7 or 8 and then dying down to nothing. To my surprize and delight I was able to soar the 80 foot hill in the strong cycles! I was even able to get back up from half way down the hill. I had some long flights and made a side hill and one top landing before flying out to the car at sunset. Sweet!

The Genie 3 is a great harness. I really liked the Gingo I used to have, but the G3 does everything the Gingo does and more. It articulates nicely for kiting and once airborne it seats you automatically if you leave the ground in a strong "Torpedo" posture. If you are at all "Bad Kitty" on your exit you'll need the foot bar to get in the ass pocket. Either way, it's easy. I really like the tight fit which seems to enhance weight shift control. The foot bar works great and gives you the option of a whole new range of body postions including layed out completely flat on your back. It's simpler and lighter than the Gingo too.

Here are some pictures Chloe took with my camera. I'm flying my small Gin Zulu at 2 kg. over the top of the weight range. The Zulu flies great. I can't wait to get it in some of those fat Valle de Bravo thermals this coming January.

No comments: