

I'm on the road again, wasting a few days in scenic southern Arizona. I haven't spent any time here in a few years and it's great to be back in this vast, stinking desert. I climbed up to the saddle on Picacho Peak today. I've been driving by this Arizona landmark for years, and this afternoon I finally stopped at Picacho Peak State Park and hiked up the hill.
A few days after the Picacho Peak mission I checked out another local attraction that I've often driven past and never visited: the Anasazi ruins at Casa Grande, Arizona. I lucked out when I visited Casa Grande. I was the only tourist at the ruins for almost half an hour. The solitude gave me a chance to develop a serious fantasy about what it was like to live at Casa Grande in the year 1005.

No comments:
Post a Comment