On the right is my first decent vario, a Ball 500H that I bought new in 1978. It was powered by 2 external 9 volt batteries and had audio to compliment the analog meter. The black face skydiving altimeter at the bottom of the picture is typical of the kind of altimeters I used to use in conjunction with the 500H. Above and to the left is the Flytec 5020 flight computer I'm using these days; it's a 16 channel GPS receiver integrated with a sophisticated alti/vario. 9.14.2005
Evolution
On the right is my first decent vario, a Ball 500H that I bought new in 1978. It was powered by 2 external 9 volt batteries and had audio to compliment the analog meter. The black face skydiving altimeter at the bottom of the picture is typical of the kind of altimeters I used to use in conjunction with the 500H. Above and to the left is the Flytec 5020 flight computer I'm using these days; it's a 16 channel GPS receiver integrated with a sophisticated alti/vario.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment